Need an idea for a cool reassessment? Here are some random thoughts.
- It requires less energy to launch a spacecraft in orbit from the equator than it does from the poles. Why? How much of a difference?
- What if you wrapped a string around your bicycle wheel and attached a weight. As the weight fell, the wheel would spin faster. By measuring how long it takes to fall, can you determine the moment of inertia of your wheel?
- How much water would it take so that you could make Saturn (the planet) float – if it were a rigid object. I already know the answer to this one and I am going to post it on Friday – but here is your chance to figure it out first.
- If you could throw a ping pong ball super fast, how far could you make it go? This one requires some numerical calculations.
- Here is another famous one. Suppose Tarzan is swinging on a vine. At what point should he let go so that he travels the farthest after letting go?
- You want to use a video in a question – here are some awesome videos. You don’t even need to analyze the videos because they have measurements right in the video.